It has been exactly one year since I touched this blog. I am not sure why I don't write. I have never been the kind of person to keep a diary or journal but as I get older I have an overwhelming sense that I should document some of this journey to share with others.
It's been almost a year and a half since I packed up my stuff and went splitzville will my favorite city in the world, San Diego. I moved to Austin to work full-time with the organization CTC International. Saying that, you should know that in Kenya we have over 40 employees but here in the states at this time last year there were two of us. That is right, two people running the stateside happenings trying to spread the word about our work in Kenya. We worked out of my apartment until about September of last year when we converted a garage into a pretty fancy pants office space.
Since last year, we have picked up several AMAZING interns.. hosted some pretty large events and as of about a month ago we were granted the money to start our very own HIV/AIDS clinic on the ground in Kenya. We have so much happening in Kenya that my head is spinning.
Here I am again with about 9 days before I journey back to Kenya. This time I have a flip camera and internet access and am hoping to share the story of my work there as well as introducing you to a place on the other side of the world that I love.
My team. The team headed with me is a team of people that have come to work with me on some environmental initiatives on the ground in Kenya. The team started out bigger and as the economy changed here in Austin, several people had to pull out of going on the team. So this leaves me with a team of three girls. I couldn't be happier because it just so happened to work out to be three of my girlfriends.
A Colorful Easter
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment