
It’s Friday morning here in Kenya. Nathan woke me up this morning asking me why I was sleeping in so late..”it’s 11:30″. It was really 9 am. I am up now! We have the day off today as the team has headed out for safari this morning and will be gone until Sunday. I figure I will catch up on emails and some reading. Today Susan is at the house she is is a long time friend of CTC and Nate has hired her to help with some household stuff which includes cooking straight from the garden. It’s soooo yummy.
It’s funny in the states you .. ok I would never hire a gardener or a housekeeper or cook but these people need jobs so it helps them quite a bit.It still feels a bit odd to me though. Anywho Susan Susan as I call her invited us to her church and home last year. It’s a pretty funny story because Jen Beecher wanted to go with us to church and then a couple minutes in she remembered that she doesnt like church and so she went outside to hang until service was over. While she was outside she made friends with a goat.. she even named him. After the service we were all invited out into this big circle where everyone in the community brought their goods out for us to buy.. the goat was bought and carried away to be killed. I don’t think she will ever forget seeing her new best friend being carried away to be killed. Aside from the obvious sadness that he was going to die.. it was pretty funny.
Susan invited us up to her home where her family had prepared an entire meal for us. It was amazing! Afterwards we all went outside and played this name game that Susan likes to play so that we could all catch each others names. The game is, saying your name twice and then another person in the circles name twice .. that person has to do the same and then pic another persons name.. so SUSAN SUSAN ..ZANE ZANE.. and then ZANE ZANE MINDY MINDY.. so on and so on. If you screw up you are out. Anyways she hung in until the very end of the game and I have just remembered her as Susan Susan.
Nathan went into Nairobi to work on some leatherworkish kind of stuff.I decided to stay in today, I am hoping I can get Susan Susan to teach me how to make some Kenyan food. I could eat Kenyan food every day for the rest of my life,it’s sooooo good.
I figure I will take a book out to the porch and do some reading and relax. I don’t really know how to relax but this trip is def. teaching me.
Love Love Love,
Mindy
No comments:
Post a Comment